Decided to lighten it up today by participating in Linda's Random Dozen meme. Stop by if you get a chance and do the same. Happy Wednesday!
1. Describe the best sandwich in the world, according to you.
That would have to be a steak and cheese with lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, sweet and hot peppers, oregano and a touch of mayo. Mmmm.
2. Which inspires you more: a good conversation, a song, a book or movie?
They are all pretty much neck in neck, but a song wins by a hair. From the time I was a toddler whenever my mom wanted to settle me down she would sing or play a song and I would instantly quiet down. In the words of the O’Jays, “I love music!”
3. What is your favorite board game?
It’s actually a homemade version of Trouble that my older brother made up one Christmas Eve called Catrapuz. It’s the funnest!!!
4. As you grow older, are you more or less patient with small children?
It depends… on my mood and on the child, but in general, I would say more patient.
5. Name one item you never let yourself run out of.
toilet paper, for obvious reasons. :o)
6. Do you agree with Tennyson's assertion, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?"
I do. For all the pain of loss, there are a lot of worthwhile life lessons we gain from having loved. I also believe that many times, “the one that got away,” was SUPPOSED to!
7. Name one national treasure or monument that you have visited.
I was going to say that I hadn't really been to any - because I am guilty of not taking advantage of what's in my own backyard, but then I remembered that I visited Ground Zero in 2005. It was a profound experience to say the least.
8. Which is more painful, to be disappointed in someone else or to be disappointed in yourself?
Definitely to be disappointed in myself – since I can only control my own actions/reactions and not anyone else’s.
9. What makes your kitchen uniquely yours?
I currently live with my parents, so I’m thinking this question doesn’t apply yet, but when I lived alone, I’d say it was the refrigerator magnets because they each reflected a piece of who I am.
10. Are you a crafty person?
Depends on the craft and my patience level on a given day, but I can be.
11. What is your favorite traditional picnic or bbq (cookout) food?
Homemade burgers. Mmmm.
12. Name one leisurely activity you enjoyed over Labor Day Weekend.
Speaking of crafty, I gave my bedroom a much needed face lift this weekend and it turned out pretty nice if I say so myself. :o)