1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?"
The what??? Didn't even know there was such a thing... so I'm going to say, "no." By the way, that George Washington story is a hoot! Wonder where the books are though... (See Linda's blog for the reference)
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts?
I have leftovers in a bin, but still almost always buy new stuff as I get gifts. Why? Was someone else's name on a giftbag I gave you?
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster?
Not unless you count this year's blizzard that closed my job down for 5 days, shut the area down and knocked power out for a lot of people...
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
Copacabana - hands down! How can you not dance when you hear it? Her name was Lola! She was a showgirl... See what I mean? I saw you swaying in your chair just now! LOL!
5. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
One year I dressed up as a nurse (a la Dihann Carroll on 'Julia') but I was not allowed to wear the mask because it scared my little brother to death. I kept the mask for a few years after that and would pull it out every once in a while to keep him in line... oh, it seems I may have revealed too much?? Scratch that... A nurse costume and that's my final answer!
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
Dictionary. the thesaurus and I are still defining our relationship whereas the dictionary and I go waaaayyy back.
7. What's your favorite breakfast food?
WAFFLES! no wait... BACON... do I have to choose just one? If so, I gonna go with um...WACON. :o)
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?
Yes - more times than I care to admit. The most recent was the Soul of the 70s CD collection (that Cuba Gooding Sr is quite the salesman). What they neglected to tell me was that $19.99 was just the first installment followed by 2 more installments of $75!! So yeah, I will pretty much listen to them every day for the rest of my life! LOL!
9. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Yes, once when I was locked out of the house. I still think my older sister locked me out on purpose, but I could never prove it...
10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes and no... I think it's more like attraction at first sight. Love is so much deeper and takes time to develop. I do believe you can see someone and know in an instant that he's "the one," but I think it's more the exception than the rule.
11. How man pairs of jeans do you own?
4 - isn't that pathetic?
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.")
It would be a big journal propped up so you could see the outside cover, which would have some kind of psychadelic 70s pattern (flowers, peace signs, smileys, etc)on it; opened to a new page and a colored pen - like hot pink - sitting next to it. Not that I've given it much thought or anything! LOL!
A fun way to start off the day - Thanks Linda!