Random Dozen #12
Another Great one from Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee! You should do one. C'mon... you know you want to! If not then at least check out Linda's blog, ok?
1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?
Depends on whether or not I could break a nail doing it… Just kidding - it would be basketball although I don’t think I’ll live to see a 5'2¾" member of the WNBA - sigh….
2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?
I usually go with my gut instinct…of course this is the same gut that told me to go Beta vs VHS...
3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?
Aleluia High… sounds more like a school than a movie star name - figures!
4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?
Hmmm… probably my favorite food, at least that’s my polite answer. My real answer is neither!
5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
You probably guessed from my “feel for the fish” response that I would say pristine yellow, and you would be correct. What can I say, the other is just yucky!
6. Your favorite tree is?
I don't really have one... oh wait! A Christmas tree! :)
7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?
Depends on the day, the time, and the task. Today I’m feeling like a 6½
8. Has H1N1 touched your family?
No, thank God - but some friends have been affected.
9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?
For the most part I just accept the way things are, conserving brain cells you know. Actually if something doesn't make sense to me or I see another more efficient way to do it, I feel compelled to speak up.
10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?
I didn’t see the Koala part the first time I skimmed the list! In that case I have to say I’m a cross between a cat and a koala… leaning more towards the koala. Although I prefer dogs they are far too needy for me. I like the nonchalant independence of a cat combined with the “laid-backness” of the koala and basically, that’s me!
11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?
Yes! In fact, I have a friend I’ve know since Kindergarten. He found me on Facebook!
12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?
Well I travel up and down the row and check each line out. If I find a person in the regular lane who is almost finished or paying then I get in that line; otherwise I guess I meander on over to the express lane. I'm always looking for what's quicker, the problem is so is everyone else!
This was fun! Thanks Linda. Gotta run now - suddenly I'm craving donuts...