Random Dozen #11
I picked this up from Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee. It was a lot fun! I welcome you to do one too and please share your answers. Happy Thursday everyone!
1. What was the last song you listened to?
Well… I’ve been listening to music all day just about, but the last song I actually listened to… that would be Synchronicity by The Police. What can I say, I’m stuck in the 80’s most days!
2. Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything?
OMG yes! I bought a new sit under hair dryer b/c my old one was threatening to electrocute me on the regular. I thought it would be nice to get the old kind with the bonnet you attach to the hose and it’s lightweight and so on… MISTAKE!!! I used it twice and came out looking like a French poodle in a dog show!! I’m thinking of giving it away… any takers?
3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing)
I’m thankful for many of God’s no’s concerning the men in my life. Basically I would have come to a bad end in every case. Meanwhile, a sista is still waiting on her yes!
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon?
Not really. I may flip to it when something else is on commercial or listen to it from another room, but for some reason, I am not into parades anymore…at least not on TV.
5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately.
But God will look to every soul like its first love because He is its first love. Your place in heaven will seem to be made for you and you alone, because you were made for it- made for it stitch by stitch as a glove is made for a hand." ~C. S. Lewis- The Problem of Pain
6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention this blog is rated G?
I have 2: “Split Ends” on Bravo network (there's just something about beauty salon drama that sucks you in), and cinnamon powdered doughnuts - the mini ones - mmm… The good thing is when you eat the mini ones you only get mini calories. Did you know that? It’s true, I read it on My WebMD or someplace like that!
7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to?
Turkey and pumpkin/sweet potato pie - not together of course…
8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book?
My favorite childhood book is no longer in print and I’m sure I can’t find an image, but it was called “The Little Yellow Duck”. I used to make my mom read it over and over and over and… well you get the idea. Eventually I memorized it and I would “read” it to myself. I also like another out of print book called “The Bad Times Of Irma Baumlein” good lesson about not lying and being yourself. I loved to read “If You Give A Mouse A Cookie” to my nephew. He’s beyond that now… he is 3 after all!
9. Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.)
Not at the moment although I’m crazy about snowmen and there’s a line of African American figurines I’ve been looking at for years, but I got nowhere to put ‘em.
10. Gift bags or wrapping paper?
I like to receive wrapped presents and I prefer to give wrapped presents… but I usually give and receive bags because who’s got the time these day?
11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day?
I remember coming home during my early elementary school days to my mom singing in the kitchen or something. I’d have a snack after I put my things away. Then it was upstairs to do homework, so I’d be free and clear to watch the Brady Bunch or some such at 8:00. I remember plopping on the floor just as the news was ending, “And that’s the way it is Thursday, November 12, 2009. I’m Walter Cronkite, CBS News, goodnight.” Some things you never forget. :o)
12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? Do you feel for the fish??
OH NO - ABSOLUTELY NOT! I simply cannot touch slimy things… I will just die if I do. I am not ashamed to admit that I’m too much of a priss for that! In fact, I wouldn’t go fishing in the first place because I’m deathly afraid of worms!!!