Tomorrow Is Another Day...

Last night I had what was without a doubt the one of the worst rides ever!
As you may remember from Commuter Bus Blues post, I usually ride a commuter bus from the suburb where I live to the city where I work. Most days are uneventful, but there are times that are noteworthy.
Which brings me back to last night's commute. For the past few days we've had a new driver and a new rider. Our new rider is in a wheelchair so pick up at his stop takes a little longer - not a problem... Yesterday the new driver had a problem operating the lift and what normally takes 5-10 extra minutes took more like 25 - still not a problem... The man in the wheelchair began to argue with Mr. New Driver about how to operate the lift which was more than a little stressful to have to watch. Even so, we passengers were patient and calm while they worked it out. Actually, I was impressed when one of the men on the bus got off to go help the driver. After a few more tries we were good to go.
Once we got rolling Mr. New Driver started driving like bat, which on city streets where there is a light on every corner and none of them are in sync, is an exercise in futility. Still he proceeded to race through the city trying to make up for lost time tossing his riders back and forth in the process. How the guy next to me managed to sleep through most of the ride, I'll never know! As for me, I barely even I blinked the whole way home.
We finally made our way out of the city and onto the highway. Traffic was horrible - stop and go as usual - still Mr. New Driver sped ahead only to stop short over and over and send us flying over and over. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure my forehead much too close to making contact with the back of the seat in front of me a time or two... By then my nerves were beyond frayed. As if that wasn't stressful enough, this guy chooses to go 301 instead of 210 (for those not familiar with the route numbers... he went the LONG way). The ride seemed to go on forever.
Two hours later (the ride is usually an hour...) we pull up to the first drop off point. The man in the wheelchair gets off here and this time it takes longer than ever to get the lift to work. The last bus, which leaves town 20 minutes after we do, pulled up right behind us. Unable to take anymore those of us who had a few stops to go yet got off our bus and hopped on the other one.
Finally, I arrived at my car and I was shaking from the ride and the stress. Remember in the old cartoons when a character would get out of a car that had been driving crazy and they'd still be shaking when they got out? That was me!
When I got home it was all I could do not to collapse on the front steps and kiss them! (I finally understand what compels someone to do that.) I spent the rest of the evening "decompressing." I DROVE myself in to work today (not even the $20 parking fee could make me get back on that bus; not today).
Ok, so this isn't the most "spiritual" post I've ever written, but maybe I can fix that. There is a verse that came to me earlier this morning and again as I wrote this that gives me hope to know that today is going to be a better day.
"It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23 AMP)
Better? Now go enjoy your day and the brand new mercies God put in place just for you! I know I will!